- This event has passed.
The BMC Climbing Injury Symposium 2018
10th November 2018£170 – £250
The UK’s most knowledgeable symposium is back! Don’t miss the BMC Climbing Injury Symposium in Birmingham on 10-11 November 2018. Sign up for a weekend of insight into cutting edge medical research and gain knowledge on how to prevent and manage climbing injuries.
The aim is simple: an inspiring weekend for climbers, coaches and medical professionals brought to you by a team of international medical experts with topics including: Live hand imaging, Shoulder robustness, Kids in climbing, Finger injuries, Hips & climbing, Climbing & the Olympics, Anorexia in climbing and Psychology of injury.
- Volker Schöffl climber, professor, top surgeon and author of the book One Move Too Many.
- Isabelle Schöffl climber and doctor from the Department of Paediatrics & Anatomy (Bamberg).
- Adela Carter coach to Shauna Coxsey & Head Climbing Coach at the English Institute of Sport.
- Andy Cave mountaineer, motivational speaker and author of Learning to Breathe and Thin White Line.
- Rebecca Williams clinical psychologist & climbing instructor.
Date: Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 November 2018.
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel Birmingham.
Cost: £170 for BMC members and £250 for non-members.*