- This event has passed.
BMC – National Roped Series 2022 – English Lead Climbing Championships
30th July 2022 – 31st July 2022 BST
Registration opens at 8am 27 June 2022 and closes at Midday on 25 July 2022
Youth A, B and C, D, Senior (16+) and Para
There are two qualification routes per category, there will be no isolation for these routes. The starting order for the first qualifying route is random. Then the starting order for the second qualifier is the same as the first but staggered halfway. E.g. If there are 20 competitors in the category, number 11 will climb first on the second qualifier.
For the finals, all finalists will be held in an isolation zone. There will be a six minute observation of the final route, and then the finals are climbed on-sight.
Categories Youth B, C and D will climb on Saturday 30 July.
Category Youth A, Senior (16+) and Para will climb on Sunday 31 July
Early Registration is open to all categories on Friday 29 July 2022 from 4-8pm,
Saturday 30 July:
- Registration: 08:15 – 09:00am
- Warm up is available from 08:15am
- Qualification: 9:30am – Q2 will start straight after Q1 ends as long as 50mins rest period for climber 1 on Q2 has lapsed.
- Isolation Opens: 16:30 and closes 17:00.
- Finals start at 17:45
Sunday 31 July:
- Registration: 08:15 -09:00am
- Warm up: available from 08:15am
- Qualification: 9:30am- Q2 will start straight after Q1 ends as long as 50mins rest period for climber 1 on Q2 has lapsed.
- Isolation Opens: 16:30 and closes 17:00
- Finals start at 17:45
- It is important to read the Rules for this event. The Rules can be found here
- All categories £35
- All competitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by one parent/guardian only, but loco parentis can be used where required. If a parent/guardian, spectator or coach volunteers to assist in the running of the competition on the day, this will be in addition to the accompanying adult.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- To enter you must complete our online booking form, with successful payment, by the entry deadline. Forms without payment will NOT be accepted.
- All competitors MUST be a current member of the BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland to enter.
- If you haven’t used the online booking system before, then you will need to create an account to log in.
- If you cancel with less than five business days of the competition – you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you cancel more than five business days before the competition – you will receive a 50% refund of the cancelled round/s.
- If a competition is cancelled due to an unforeseen circumstance – you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Contact Zoe Spriggins (BMC Competition Program Manager)
- Tel: 0161 438 3313 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heard about an event that we’ve not listed? Tell us about it and we’ll add it.